To enhance the well being of patients in our service area by assuring a reliable and economical supply of the safest possible blood, by providing innovative hemotherapy services, and by promoting research and education programs in transfusion medicine.
Hoxworth Blood Center will be recognized for saving and improving lives in our community with safe and reliable blood and innovative cell therapies.
What We Value
- Integrity: We believe we must always be open and honest in each of our personal and corporate relationships. We will adhere to the policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines of all applicable federal, state and local agencies.
- Personal Responsibility: We believe we are accountable for the quality of our own work and for the total quality of our center's performance.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We believe we must continually improve our systems and processes in order to maintain the safety of our products and increase the efficiency of our operations.
- Teamwork: We believe each person is important to the success of our center. We believe cooperation, temperate behavior and open communication are the appropriate tools for conducting our business.
- Fairness: We believe tolerance and respect for individual differences are essential to a caring, sharing workplace.
- Innovation: We believe the pursuit of new ideas and new technologies is vital to our success. We encourage creativity and innovation.
- Growth: We believe as our center grows, we must provide opportunity for our people to grow personally and professionally.
- Diversity: We believe a capable, diverse work force reflects the diverse community we serve and we participate in a variety of community activities and encourage community engagement.
How We Measure Our Success
- Self Sufficiency: We will supply the total blood-service needs of the communities we serve. We will be a source of blood, blood components and blood services for other communities in need.
- Stability: We will be good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We will remain financially sound.
- Compliance: We will adhere to the policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines of the Code of Federal Regulations, the AABB (formerly the American Association of Blood Banks), the States of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, the University of Cincinnati, and other agencies as required.
- Safety: We will provide safe and healthful working conditions, equipment and work methods for all our personnel.
- Leadership: We will be involved in local, national and international organizations and associations where our talents and abilities can advance the practice of transfusion medicine.
- Competency: We will strive constantly to achieve error-free performance.
- Citizenship: We will participate in community activities and support worthwhile community causes.
- Customer Satisfaction: Customer satisfaction is a result of our process. We will earn the loyalty and satisfaction of our customers by exceeding their expectations each day.
To Achieve Our Goals
- We will increase our active donor base and collection levels.
- We will conduct regular in-service training, evaluation and continuous education programs to improve the professional skill of our personnel.
- We will manage our resources effectively and responsibly.
- We will provide outstanding service by exceeding the expectations of our donors, our peers and the hospitals and patients in our region.
- We will make the work process better through employee-centered continuous improvement teams.
- We will develop joint ventures, partnerships and other regional alliances that will strengthen our institution's position, protect the safety and quality of our products and maintain cost effectiveness.
- We will expand and improve our research activities.
- We will encourage contributions to scholarly literature.