Quality Control Laboratory
The Quality Control Laboratory department operates 16 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays, and is responsible for ensuring all required screening and supplemental testing is completed for approximately 95,000 allogeneic, autologous and apheresis donations collected at Hoxworth Blood Center.
The department also ensures any potentially infectious or sub-standard product is quarantined and discarded to prevent release to general inventory.
Hoxworth Blood Center no longer performs required donor testing on site. Indiana Blood Center serves as the testing facility for Hoxworth Blood Center and has done so since 2018.
Current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and AABB required testing, in addition to other supplemental testing is performed to detect/determine:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Types 1/2, HIV-1 subtypes O and M
- Hepatitis B Core (HBC) Antigen
- Human T-Lymphotrophic Virus (HTLV) Types I & II
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- Syphilis (T. pallidum)
- Chagas Disease (T. cruzi)
- Red Cell Antigens
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Surface Antigen
Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT) for viral RNA or DNA for
- West Nile Virus (WNV)
Jenine Fields, MT(ASCP)
Manager, Quality Control Laboratory
Phone: (513) 558-1565
Jennifer O’Connor, MSTM, MLS(ASCP)CMSBBCM
Assistant Director, Laboratories
Phone: (513) 558-1549
Judith Gonzalez, BS, MT(ASCP), CLS
Chief Production Officer
Phone: (513) 558-5397
David Oh, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Phone: (513) 558-1338
To contact the Quality Control Laboratory, dial (513) 558-1200. Press 9 for a listing of departments. Press 6 to be connected with the Quality Control Laboratory.
Request or Discuss Donor Test Results
- Donor test results will only be released to the donor with proper identification.
- To request a copy of your test results, please contact Donor Services at 513-558-1304.
- If you have questions or would like to discuss the meaning of a test result, please contact Clinical Services at 513-558-1917.