Special Occasion Blood Drives
Mark Your Special Occasion in the Most Impactful Way – Donating Blood to Save Lives.
Four ways to host a dedicated blood drive and give back to your community:
1. Patient Replacement/Replenishment Blood Drive
Patients who personally had a need for blood products, whether battling cancer or as a victim of trauma, give back to the community in a unique and meaningful way: by hosting a blood drive. These patients gather their friends and family to make a lifesaving donation as a way to pay it forward, renew the blood supply and thank those who donated in their critical time of need.
- Noah Stepaniak was in a traumatic accident to where he almost lost his life due to the amount of blood loss. Blood transfusions helped save his life. Grateful for the excellent medical care, he and his wife knew it was now their turn "to show gratitude and help replenish the blood product that was used to save Noah's life, in hopes to save others." They hosted the “Honoring Noah Stepaniak’s Survival” blood drive in 2020 that collected 74 units of blood.
2. Mark a Special Celebration with a Blood Drive
Birthdays, anniversaries, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs are all special milestones that can be celebrated by giving the ultimate present — the gift of life — to our community. What better way to commemorate the day than by Saving Lives with friends and family at your side?
- Thirteen-year-old Leora Stern may not be old enough to donate blood, but that didn’t stop her from using her birthday and Bat Mitzvah to save lives in the Tri-State.
3. Blood Drive in Honor/Memory of a Loved One
Losing a loved one is never easy. Comfort and strength can be found in saving the lives of others while paying tribute to a life lost.
- A tragic accident took the life of Storm Bratchett, but his family hosts an annual memorial blood drive to pay homage to a life well lived.
4. Virtual Blood Drive
Hosting a virtual blood drive means still supporting our community when we can't physically be together.
- Virtual drives offer a distinct way for organizations, schools, churches, and businesses to donate blood and make an impact in their community. Groups can unite to donate blood by scheduling their appointment at any of Hoxworth's Neighborhood Donor Centers. A group code will be assigned to your team so all donations will count toward your lifesaving goal.
To get started on hosting a special occasion blood drive, please fill out the form below. A Hoxworth blood drive recruiter will then reach out to assist in planning your special lifesaving event.