Your submission has been received.
Thank you very much for your interest in donating convalescent plasma. We are required to obtain documentation in order to qualify you as a potential eligible convalescent plasma donor.
The requirements for convalescent plasma donation include the following:
1. EVIDENCE OF COVID-19 Infection though a Diagnostic Test (e.g. nasopharyngeal swab) at the time of illness.
This can be fulfilled by providing a copy of the positive result or by providing an attestation by a healthcare provider stating that you had a positive test for COVID-19,
This can be fulfilled with serologic (antibody) test performed after patient recovers. These tests are not widely available at this time, but may be performed at a later date once tests are more widely available. It is possible that this testing may be performed at a later date.
2. DONORS must wait for at least 28 days from complete resolution of symptoms prior to donation (or 14 days with one negative PCR test).
3. DONORS must be male, never pregnant, or if ever pregnant, must have been screened for anti-HLA antibodies since most recent pregnancy. Anti-HLA testing may be performed as part of blood product processing.
4. DONORS must meet all blood donor eligibility requirements as found in the Code of Federal Regulations.
Obtaining Test Results
If you have a copy of your positive result, please email it to Hoxworth Blood Center at HoxCovid19@uc.edu. If you do not have a copy of your positive result, you may wish to copy and paste the information below to send to your healthcare provider to obtain additional documentation.
Dear <healthcare provider>:
I would like to donate convalescent plasma with Hoxworth Blood Center as I have had a diagnostic test that was positive for COVID-19. They require either a copy of my positive result or a Medical Attestation from my healthcare provider that I had a positive result.
Please send or email me a copy of my positive result at: (provide mail address or email address).
If you cannot send me my test results, would you please sign the attached Medical Attestation that I had a positive test result for COVID-19 infection?
I am attesting that <<your name>> had a diagnostic test that was positive for COVID-19.
Type of specimen:
- Nasopharyngeal Swab during infection
- Serologic (Antibody) test after recovery
- Other ___________________________
Date of collection: __________________
Healthcare provider printed name and title
Healthcare provider Signature